Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A little more about us...

I am an avid outdoor cook with over 35 years of grilling and BBQ experience. I have been involved in BBQ and grilling competitions for the past 5 years. For the first four years I was a member of a team that was run by a good friend. When he stopped cooking competitions due to a business obligation my wife, Amy and I started our own team, Captain Ron’s Brew-n-Que. Our first year as a team was 2008 when we cooked in 8 competitions.

Our achievements in our first year include:
  • Reserve Grand Champion at Elk Grove, IL
  • First Place in Beef Brisket at Elk Grove, IL
  • First Place in Beef Brisket at Menomonee Falls, WI
  • First Place in Pork Ribs at Racine, WI
  • Second Place in Chicken at Dubuque, IA
  • Second Place in Sausage at Arthur, IL
  • Fourth Place overall at Shannon, IL

In addition to the above we finished in the top 10 overall in 6 of our 8 competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment